Mulch is an important element of your landscape. It not only serves an aesthetic purpose, but many practical ones as well.
- Increases moisture retention
- Serves as barrier against weeds
- Reduces soil erosion
- Helps prevent soil compaction
- Keeps roots insulated during extreme temperatures
- Creates a buffer zone between your plantings and your lawn, which limits mower damage to plants and competition with turf
- Improves organic composition of existing soil
- Provides a “finishing touch” to your landscape beds
All mulch is not created equal. Many unscrupulous contractors use the cheapest, poorest quality mulch available with hopes that their customers will not notice the difference. Poor quality mulch not only looks bad it is typically loaded with weed seeds. We use the highest quality mulch available. It is a beautiful dark brown color and our mulch will typically hold is beautiful color for the entire season.
You may ask, “Why should I hire a professional to apply my mulch?”
If mulch is applied incorrectly, it can actually be counterproductive to the health of your plants and trees. All too often we see the dreaded “mulch volcano,” where an inexperienced landscape crew has drastically over-applied mulch around the trunk of a tree. Unfortunately, this suffocates the tree while exposing it to various diseases.
Recommended mulch depth is 2” – 3”. We regularly see other untrained landscapers applying mulch at twice that depth. We guarantee that our crews are trained for proper and professional mulch installation.
Estimates for mulch installation are complimentary. An Account Manager will visit your property, determine the quantity of mulch required, and email you a precise quotation.
REQUEST A FAST & FREE QUOTE TODAY!