Pests are opportunists. They look for ways to leave their outdoor harborages and enter your home in search of food, water, and a comfier place to call home. Taking the fight to where pests live outside your home is the most effective way of maintaining a pest-free environment inside your home.
Pests can gain access to your home in a variety of ways, and Kingstowne Pest Defense employs the latest integrated pest management practices to target pests before they can make their way into your kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom.
Just like with your favorite sports team, the key to a winning pest prevention program is a good offense blended with a solid defense. Kingstowne Pest Defense’s highly trained service specialists start with a thorough inspection of the exterior of your home to identify where pests may be living, and if there are any “weak spots” in your home’s pest defense shield.
Several Tips to Keep Pests Out of Your Home
- Trim overgrown trees and shrubs at least three feet from buildings; be careful of using too much mulch (more than 3”) near the foundation, because it can provide an ideal harborage for rodents, ants, cockroaches, and termites
- Relocate piles of firewood or other landscape materials – which can serve as the perfect home for ants, rodents, and nuisance wildlife – away from the structure
- Pet food dishes and bird feeders can attract a variety of pests, and should be brought inside when not in use, or located high enough off the ground so pests cannot easily access them
- Keep tight-fitting lids on trash cans, as exposed garbage provides a convenient dinner buffet for rodents, flies, and nuisance wildlife
- Seal all cracks and crevices – even those measuring 1/8-inch wide – in the foundation so they won’t provide pests with a “free pass” inside your home
- Remove standing water and excessive moisture that can attract pests, including ants, mosquitoes, and cockroaches
- Eliminate openings around door frames and windows, and replace torn screens that give flying insects a clear flight path to your living space
By addressing these potential weak links and trouble spots, you can prevent a pest infestation from establishing a foothold.
Request a free Pest Defense quote to learn how we can protect your home from pests.